New or re-entering student are subject to a State legislated pre-matriculation immunization statute which requires that you provide UNO with your immunization status regarding MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA, DIPHTHERIA and TETANUS, in addition a MENINGOCOCCAL immunization is required.
The following is a summary of the guidelines of the Louisiana State Health Department:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus (DT) immunizations in the last ten years.
- If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, two measles-mumps-rubella immunizations are
2.1 The first of these immunizations must be given after 1967, after your first birthday, and
given without gamma globulin. The second must be given at least 30 days later.
2.2 If you had the disease, one of two proofs is necessary:
2.2.1 A blood test, called a titer, which shows immunity to the disease.
2.2.2 The signature of the physician who attended you when you were ill with the disease.
- If you were born before 1957, there is no measles-mumps-rubella requirement.
- If you were born before 1957, the diphtheria-tetanus requirement still applies.
- A meningococcal immunization in the last four years.
- Please have the compliance form completed and returned prior to registration. Failure to do so will result in your registration being delayed or denied. The information may be faxed, mailed, or returned in person.